Facebook event page
National Building Museum
401 F St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20001
Hide your moms, hide your dads, it's Teen Night at the National Building Museum!
FREE. Youth ages 13 — 18.
At this exclusive event, teens experience the museum, including Hive, after hours while dancing to a DJ, relaxing with friends, or trying out a design challenge. Adult supervision not required.*
• Dance to DJ Nate Geezie all night
• Explore the buildings that inspired Hive’s design with Google Cardboard
• Make Hive-inspired buttons or check out a book from our teen reading list with DC Public Library
• Create wind chimes out of recycled hardware, like those in Hive, with Community Forklift — Nonprofit Reuse Center For Home Improvement
• Enjoy snacks, free of charge, from Geppetto Catering – the official meal provider of Teen Programs at the Museum
• Visit other Museum exhibitions — Wright on the Walls, Cool & Collected, and Architecture of an Asylum: St. Elizabeths 1852–2017
• And more!
*Parents and caregivers are encouraged to make a night of it at Hill Country Backyard Barbecue on the Museum’s West Lawn.
Image: Daybreaker event, courtesy of Tim Schenck.